Monday, November 14, 2011

Week 7 EOC: Biggest Challenge


The biggest issue I am going to run into while attempting to complete my business plan by week ten is time management. I am currently enrolled in six classes, which takes up twenty-four hours of my time before adding in the added time it takes to do homework. Adding in homework time, we’ll say an average of four (4) hours per class for five out of the six, this brings me to up to approximately forty-four (44) hours worth of work. My final class calls for approximately eight to ten hours of work outside of class. We’ll call it nine to be safe. This brings me to fifty-three (53) hours of work to be done before we add in my work schedule. I work anywhere from twelve – sixteen hours of work. For easy math we’ll call it an average of fourteen hours per week. Add this to my already 53-hour week and we are up to sixty-seven (67) hours.
            Just for school and work, I’m working on 67 hours per week at the moment. Sometimes it’s more sometimes it’s less. This is no including travel time to get to and from school and home. It can take anywhere from thirty minutes to one hour to get from my home to school. We’ll call it forty-five minutes one way for driving. So this is an hour and a half per day that I have to travel to and from school and home. I travel this six times a week bringing my travel and work hours to seventy-six (76) hours.
            I am also trying to help get my friends business going by providing the video side of his productions. So I have to add anywhere from an hour to ten hours of freelance work per hour; which could bring my hours up to eighty-six (86) hours if I have a full load of work and school.
            On top of this I am up for two job offers; which are amazing offers. One is to work as an assistant editor at Top Rank for my former co-worker who will then be my boss. It’s a great opportunity to learn and make connections. On the other hand, I have been offered a video production supervisor position making $28,000-$32,000 annually. It’s not a great amount of money, but the connections and experience I’d get from this would be phenomenal.
            The biggest issue I’m going to run into for this business plan is time. Finding the time to finish this assignment; however, I know for a fact that I will be able to finish this project on time.
            It’s an exciting project to finish. It’ll help me out quite a bit when I graduate and start my business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment