Monday, October 17, 2011

EOC Week 3: Where are you now and where are you going?

     At this point and time I am just starting out in my career. In fact, I am not even in my field quite yet. I am doing the random freelance jobs at the moment, but as for being in my field, I would not consider myself far in my field. I am in my field as a freelancer, but that is not where I would like to be.
         In the Vegas market, from what I’ve been told, it is all about corporate gigs and commercial products. This is where I would like to be in the next few years. I plan on staying in Vegas for a while and most DFVP students disagree with my thinking. They believe that commercials and corporate won’t lead to anything in the actual film world, but I have the opposite feelings. The more practice I have with lighting and camera, regardless of what I am shooting, the better I will end up in the long run. Since this is not what I want to be doing, I am going to take my time in this part of the industry to practice and become even more skilled in my trade so that when I eventually do get into the film industry I will feel as though I am ready to take on the task at hand.
            Where I would like to be in the long run is in the film industry making feature length movies. I wouldn’t mind either working for a big production company or an independent production house. Owning my own company would be amazing, but I know the amount of effort and time that I would have to put in would be exhausting. Eventually, if I had the manpower and time, I would love to own my own production company. Being able to make all the creative decisions while making my film would be amazing. No one could tell me what I can or cannot do during production.
            Over all, I want to be part of the movie making process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment