Sunday, October 30, 2011

Week Four Photo Challenge: Movie Poster

This poster comes from a short form video project I worked on. I was a camera operator for one of the shots indoors and for all of the shots used in the end of the short. The short was written for the screen by one Timothy Salmon specifically for a short form video contest hosted by onvidi. The short came out to be just over three minutes in length.
On top of being a camera operator, I was also the supporting male lead. The shoot lasted two days; one of which was inside Timothy’s house. The second day was spent shooting down south at the dry lakebed south of Henderson, Nevada.
The information at the bottom of the poster posted here is what is usually seen on a standard movie poster. Some of the information is not currently on the movie poster. For instance, the Motion Picture Association of America, or MPAA, has not rated the film and therefore we cannot add the ratings box.
From a design standpoint, I felt as though if I added the writer’s and the director’s credits that it would look a bit awkward so I left it out. Timothy Salmon filled those credits as well.
This movie poster was a bit tricky to create. I had two other projects in mind for this project, but none of the frames in them felt as though they would make a good poster. This one just seemed a bit stylized and ambiguous, which I thought would lend itself well to the marketing of the short film.

No comments:

Post a Comment