Monday, October 3, 2011

Week One EOC: Sacrifices I Am Willing To Make For My Career


What sacrifices am I willing to make in order to have a successful career after graduation? This is a question that has been bouncing around in my head for some time now. Graduation is coming quickly for me. As it does I need to start thinking about how I am going to form my career. Where will I go? How will I start? Perhaps the most important question is what am I willing to give up?
I used to believe that my career could wait for various reasons; but, as I get closer and closer to graduating, I get more and more excited and realized that my career comes first. I need to focus on my career before anything else. If that means that I have to sacrifice friendships or relationships then I will do so. It will be sad but necessary to ensure that I can get my career off the ground.
Having met the real world face to face recently I realized I am willing to sacrifice my current lifestyle to move forward with my life.  I am more than willing to live poor now to ensure a brighter more comfortable future for tomorrow.
I have always had the idea that suffering now and living better later is better. If you put off giving up some things until later in life, you are ensuring to have a rocky future. If everything is sacrificed early on then you have an uninterrupted future ahead of you.
It is this mindset that I have that allows me to be willing to give up what I have now in order to reach success. I do not believe that I can achieve my dreams without giving up something in return. My end goal in life and in my career is not to be rich and famous. My end goal is to be happy. Sacrifices must always be made to achieve happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment